Wow, guilt-free chocolate cookies? Yes, it’s true! Indulge in fabulous Paleo Double Chocolate Cookies while sticking to your Paleo plan.
- ¾ cup pureed green plantain (about 1 average sized plantain)
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 6 oz 100% unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup tapioca flour/starch (Is tapioca flour paleo?)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Pinch salt
- IPreheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Puree plantain in a food processor or blender with molasses and honey for 2-3 minutes, until very smooth.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil together: Place in microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 30 seconds, stir, repeat.
- Transfer melted chocolate to the food processor, and add vanilla. Combine.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl: cocoa, tapioca, salt, and baking soda. Add to food processor. Pulse to form a uniform dough.
- Remove dough from the food processor and fold in chocolate chips.
- Take large spoonfuls of batter and drop onto the prepared baking sheet. Flatten and smooth out with your hands, a spatula or the back of a spoon (think of this like making cookie patties). You are completely shaping the finished cookie since these cookies don’t spread while baking. Form 11 or 12 large cookies–about 3” in diameter and 3/8” thick. You can change the size if you want, but then you’ll have to adjust the baking time.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5-7 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to plate. Enjoy! Share a cookie with a friend...paleo or not!